Empowering Lives ...... Transforming Society
Our Faith Statement
1. The Scriptures- the inspired, infallible, revealed will of God. (2Tim 3:15-17,Heb 4:12,1Pet 1:23-25)
2. The One True God- A triune being, Father, Son and Holy Ghost.(Deut 6:4,Mk 12:29)
3. Man as God’s creation- Also triune; spirit, soul and body. Created good, upright and in the image and likeness of God; voluntary transgressed and fell. Redemption for him is in Jesus Christ, the son of God. (Gen 1:26-31,3:1-7; Rom 5:12-21).
4. The Virgin Birth- Jesus Christ , the Only Begotten Son of God was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, was buried, resurrected, ascended into heaven and will return again. He is now seated at the right hand of God the Father, and is true God and true man. (Luke 1:34-35; John 1:14; Matt 1:23; Acts 4:10; Acts 1:11).
5. The Salvation of Man- The shed blood of Jesus Christ, grace through faith, believing in the heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, and that confessing with the mouth will result in man’s salvation. (Rom 3:24, 10:8-10, Eph 2:8).
6. Water Baptism- An ordinance of the Church symbolizing to the world that one has died with Jesus and has been raised with Him to walk in newness of life. (Matt 28:19; Acts 10:47&48; Rom 6:4)
7. The Lord’s Supper- An ordinance of the Church symbolizing the broken body and shed blood of Jesus Christ as the new covenant between God and man. (1 Cor 11:24, 25,28)
8. Speaking in other tongues as the evidence of the infilling of the Holy Ghost- As a fulfilment of the promise of the Father by the initial physical sign of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance, for the purpose of personal spiritual empowerment and service after the New birth. (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8, 2:4, 10:44-46, 1 Cor 12:1-31)
9. The Church- The body of Christ, the home of God through the Spirit. Each believer born of God’s Spirit is an integral part of the general assembly and church of the first born which is written in Heaven. (Eph 1:22, 2:19-22, Heb 12:23)
10. Women in Ministry- Women are a part of the one body of Christ which is neither male nor female with gifts differing according to the grace that is in them. (Acts 18:24-26, 21:8&9, Gal 3:28, Rom 12:4-6).
11. Total Prosperity- Spiritual [Jn 3:3, 2 Cor 5:17-21], Mental [2 Tim 1:7, Rom 12:2, Isa 26:3], Physical [Isa 53:4&5, Matt 8:17, 1 Pet 2:24], Financial [3 Jn 2, Mal 3:10-11] and Social [Prov 3:4]